Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God."

During this week of Passover, we relive the deliverance of our ancestors from slavery. We eat the Bread of Affliction, and celebrate our freedom. At the Seder table we recall the larger than life story of Exodus, and how God spoke to Moses on Mt. Sinai. We are commanded by the Torah to retell this story to our children. Blessed are we, to manipulate the moving image for this commandment. I had low expectations for The Prince of Egypt. I am very pleased to say I was wrong. Unfortunately, I have encountered many people who chide the film for its "inaccuracies." It is my personal feeling that these people should not be watching movies (or reading the Bible for that matter).



"Next year in Israel!"

No comments:

Post a Comment